About the Program
Over a five-day period, 75 of Belgium’s most promising emerging female leaders will participate in an educational training program designed to provide them with enhanced leadership skills, while challenging them to develop and implement a collaborative civic engagement action plan in their communities.
Women2Women Belgium – Leadership in Action has been specifically developed to provide young women leaders with the skills needed to succeed in our global community. To that end, W2W has set six program goals:
- Build bridges of mutual understanding, respect and trust among young people from diverse ethnic and religious communities throughout Belgium;
- Strengthen leadership skills related to media literacy and training, public speaking, negotiation, social media, critical thinking, goal-setting, time management and problem-solving, with the ultimate goal of elevating the status of women and girls worldwide;
- Engage young women in the issues that define their lives such as the development of healthy self-esteem, access to quality education and healthcare, freedom from violence, awareness of their undeniable human rights and the opportunity to participate fully in every aspect of society;
- Demonstrate the importance of civic engagement and volunteerism through service-learning opportunities and guide participants in developing a community service project action plan to be implemented in their communities;
- Establish a powerful network for W2W-Belgium delegates grounded in productive personal relationships with Belgian women—both peers and mentors—towards achieving positive social change; and
- Promote civic commitment and friendships among the new wave of Belgian leaders to the Belgian public through media partnerships.